Home of the Hall family who have lived at Narrow Water since 1670, originally in the Old Narrow Water Keep situated on the shoreline of Carlingford Lough which is now a national monument.
In 1816 construction began on the new Castle by Thomas Duff, a well-known Newry architect who also designed the Cathedrals in Newry, Armagh and Dundalk.
The Elizabethan revival style castle made from local granite and built next to the existing house, Mount Hall (1680) was completed in 1836. Many of the fine features of the interior of the castle, for example the library fireplace, and much of the furniture and panelling were carved by a firm called Curran & Sons from Lisburn, Co. Down.
Currently there are three generations of Hall family residing on the estate. Sir William (Bill) Hall who was recently retired as the first Catholic Lord Lieutenant for Co. Down, continues his life long contribution to the running of the Hall Estate. Mr Marcus Hall who breeds single suckle beef cattle on the estate and lives with his wife and three sons in the Castle.